Tuesday, April 2, 2013

But Now, I Do Know Everything

Me of just two years ago,
Why were you so foolish?
Why did you think you knew everything?
There were so many people who had more experience than you.
There were people two grades ahead of you who had the same
experiences that you were going to have.
Why did you think that you were so much better
than them, that you could avoid the stress they had?
It was a statistical certainty that you were not
to be so much smarter than those of the years above you
that you would be able to avoid the fate to which they had succumbed.
Your idiocy has taught me many lessons, and now,
I am not nearly as foolish as you were, little child.
I have learned what you did not know.
I have spent years after I was you, understanding
what you did not and experiencing
so many new things that now,
now, I do know everything.

Other Poems: "When Humans Do Change The World"; "Hungry"

No comments:

Post a Comment